The San Francisco Marin Medical Society now offers online classified ads!
Do you have medical office space for rent? Are you looking to rent a space? Do you have a job opening for a doctor or other health care professional? This service is perfect for events, office space listings, practices for sale, and any other doctor-to-doctor ads. Current rates are $0.50/word for SFMMS members, $1/word for non-members for a month long placement on www.sfmms.org.
Download the advertising contract and ad placement form here.
Student Health Services
Staff Physician – Primary Care
Emphasizing a team approach and extended time for patient engagement and education, the Staff Physician provides medical care to San Francisco State University students and guides the delivery of services of other Health Clinic professionals (e.g. MAs, RNs, NPs, and ancillary staff).
Essential Job Functions Summary
- Evaluate, diagnose, and manage patients with a broad range of medical, psychiatric, gynecologic, and orthopedic conditions commonly encountered in primary care during in person and/or virtual visits.
- Prescribe medications, design treatment plans, and coordinate patient care with campus allied health professionals, Counseling & Psychological Services, and Staff Psychiatrists (when indicated).
- Consult with private physicians and public agencies to help secure treatment for patients requiring additional services.
- Clearly document problem lists and medication lists, establish diagnoses and document health care plans and expected outcomes in the Electronic Health Record using SOAP format.
- Counsel and educate patients regarding pertinent lifestyle measures for health and wellness.
- Provide follow-up on treatment to ensure the appropriate resolution of illness or injury.
- Perform CLIA waived lab testing and Provider Performed Microscopy.
- Perform minor procedures not requiring general anesthesia.
- Assess emergency situations and take prompt appropriate actions including the initiation of emergency therapeutic procedures in response to life threatening situations
- Provide medical instruction and clinical supervision to assigned Clinic staff such as Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, and Medical Assistants.
- Provide consultation as able in such areas as preventive medicine, health education, environmental health and safety, and emergency preparedness
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement activities.
- Collaborate with management on how to best meet the health care needs of the SF State student population.
- Use internet browser, email, Microsoft Office, Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) and practice management software applications.
Thorough knowledge of and the ability to effectively and efficiently apply the principles and methods essential to the diagnosis and treatment of common primary care medical disorders, and in the assessment and response to acute medical situations; understanding of community resources for referral of medical care and treatment; knowledge of current public health practices; knowledge of local, state, and national laws and regulations pertaining to the medical field; thorough knowledge of applicable professional ethics standards and patient privacy; ability to serve as a resource consultant for other health center personnel; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of medical practitioners and specialists, as well as students, administrators, staff, and faculty.
Graduation from medical school and completion of a residency training program in a primary care field such as family medicine, general internal medicine, gynecology, general pediatrics and adolescent medicine, emergency medicine, preventive medicine accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience providing primary medical care, mental health and preventive medical services to a diverse population that includes adolescents or young adults.
- Interest in or experience with college health settings.
- A current valid unrestricted State of California license to practice medicine.
- A current American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) board certification appropriate for the assigned duties. See note below.
- A valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration and number for prescribing controlled substances.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator (CPR/AED) certification as appropriate for the assigned duties.
- Must pass a credentialing check, including verification of education, training, licensure, Board Certification and experience.
- Must pass background check including fingerprinting check.
- Must possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- As a condition of employment and continued employment, must be able to maintain strict adherence to HIPAA Standards.
- Full-time position (generally M-F, 8-5). An 10/12 or 11/12 appointment with 1 or 2 of the following months off is also possible: Jan, June, July, or August.
- Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
- Anticipated Hiring Range for Full-time position: $15,014.00 to $16,682.00 per month ($180,168.00 to $200,184.00 annually).
- Compensation package that includes liability coverage, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as all State Holidays plus a personal holiday, and a CSU Fee Waiver program.
To submit an online application and for more detailed information:
Position open until filled.
Medical office space available at 2100 Webster St, San Francisco. Pacific Professional Building. http://www.2100webster.com. (415) 923-3195. Contact: email@example.com.
GYN Office Sharing in Carmel - Ready to slow down & spend more time with patients? We have room for another Physician. Contact: Stephanie Taylor MD, 831-622-1995, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.womanswellspring.com
None at this time.